Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

FAVA BEANS WITH CUCUMBER BROWN RICE AND RED PEPPER

Hi Everyone,  Here is another simple fava recipe for those of you who love favas like I do.  This one is different from the last one as it has brown rice mixed into it as well as dressing.  Here in Portugal we have been having gorgeous summer weather (even tho it's still spring).  So many things in the garden are just going crazy!  I love to work in my garden and I especially love being able to eat from the garden.  As we are meant to! So here is the recipe.



Dressing

3 T toasted sesame oil

2 T brown rice vinegar

2 T tamari or shoyu

2 cloves garlic

1/2 t grated ginger

1/2 t honey

Place this dressing a medium size bowl  and mix in all the ingredients below.

1/2 kg favas peeled, blanched for 2 minutes and shelled

2 cups cooked brown rice

1/3 cucumber sliced and cut into quarters

1/2  red pepper cut into small pieces

2 T coriander chopped for garnish

Serve cold and enjoy on a warm spring or summer day for lunch or dinner, as a side dish or a main.

Red peppers are very high in vitamin C, B6, K1 and potassium, they also contains vitamin A, vitamin E and folate.  They are so delicious and full of vitamins and minerals.




3 comments:

  1. Great recipe, thans for posting! I'm also struggling for a healthier me, I've even start running with SportMe marathon training app and I can say I'm on the right track now. Nutrition is an important part of my losing weight plan, and your blog posts are a true inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much. I am doing the opposite of you.....I need to put on weight! Good luck with your health goals. You can find many healthy vegetable recipes here and also healthy dessert. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    I would like to invite you to check out our platform, Core Spirit.
    To give you a quick overview, Core Spirit is a platform that focuses on Wellness and Spirituality and connects practitioners and users. Practitioners are able to list their services, publish articles, and organize events through our website. We are also launching a marketplace soon, which will allow practitioners to sell goods as well.
    Here is the link in case you want to browse the website: https://corespirit.com/landings/for-practitioners?utm_source=dms
    I really hope you find the platform interesting or useful!
    Please let me know if you have any questions; I would be more than happy to answer them!
    Thank you for reading this message and have a nice day😊

    ReplyDelete