Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

Thirteen days so far

Well, the first 10 days were a breeze, but now I am starting to crave meat. I think it will pass. I have to say that I am feeling pretty good, but I think I'm detoxing as I have a slight cold, but it's not like a normal cold. It started with a soar throat for one day and then changed into something like a minor cold. So for the last 4 days I haven't been feeling 100%, but before that I was feeling really great. I can't imagine that I wouldn't have some detox symptoms, I think they were just delayed as they didn't happen right at the beginning. My eyes look really clear and my aches an pains are less noticable. I've also been taking a teaspoon of turmeric in 1/2 cup of water twice a day to clear up any inflammation in the body and I think this is really helping too.
One thing to note is that it's quite easy to eat too much sugar on a raw food diet. One day I found myself having my wake up shake (which I'm pretty sure is posted somewhere on this blog, if not I will post it soon) and then I made a cafe Gratitude "Raw Porridge" which consists of a whole coconut with the water and meat blended, then you put it in the food processor and add 1 apple unpeeled but chopped, a cup of pecans soaked overnight and 6 - 8 strawberries, which I must say is simply divine. Then I found myself eating a banana with macadamia nut butter the next time I got hungry and started to feel like all I'd eaten all day was fruit. So I have to be careful to plan my meals, and make sure I eat salads so that doesn't happen. Then I made some almond hummus and a tapenade all from the Cafe Gratitude recipe book, so that I have some extra things on hand to add to a salad.
Today I weighed myself for the first time since I started the diet and I've lost about seven pounds! I wasn't doing it to lose weight, but I felt I needed to lose about five pounds. So that's an added benefit of a raw food diet.
Anyway, I'll post some recipes soon, I just wanted to let you all know how I was doing on this experiment.
The others who were going to do it with me haven't all started yet, so when we have something on video I'll post it.
I hope you are all doing well and staying healthy.
Remember, your health is your most important asset - if you don't have your health you really don't have anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment