Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Raw Coconut Creme Pie

Here is a recipe that was inspired by the Cafe Gratitude recipe for Coconut Cream Pie. This one is a little different, but just a delicious.
I am now not so sure I want to do the Gabriel Cousens phase 1 diet. I am really happy with my diet right now. I could still lose my little belly, but I don't think I am ready to go there quite yet with a strict diet. I was lucky enough to be given a juicer a week or so ago, so I am juicing a lot of kale, cucumbers, ginger, carrots and celery and numerous other veggies. People keep saying to me that I look amazing, so this diet must be doing something good!
Anyway hope you are all doing well and staying with whatever diets you are choosing.
Here it my Coconut Creme Pie



Coconut Creme Pie

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:15
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
for the crust
1 1/2 cups shredded coconut meat
1/2 cup macadamia nuts
3 dates
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
For the Filling
1 whole young coconut
1 ounce irish moss seaweed -- soaked overnight
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
4 tablespoons raw coconut nectar sweetner
2 dates
3 tablespoons lecitin
1/3 cup coconut oil (raw and organic)
shredded coconut and mangoes for garnish

In a food processor blend the coconut with the macadamia nuts and add the dates in pieces slowly to the mixture while its blending.

Place the mixture into a pie pan with a removable bottom (can't think of the name of them right now). Push the mixture down into the pan so that it covers the bottom and sides too.

To prepare the filling open your coconut and place the coconut water into the blender with the soaked Irish Moss. Blend this together and then add the meat of the coconut, dates, coconut sweetner and vanilla essence. Then add the lecitin and the coconut oil and blend till smooth.

Place this mixture into the pie pan and place in the fridge for at least an hour. When ready to serve sprinkle with shredded dry coconut and your favorite tropical fruit.

Description:
"delightful"

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! Coconut and banana cream pies are definitely a weakness of mine. In my experience, belly fat is more of an exercise thing rather than a diet thing. Yoga helps a lot, so does hula hooping.

    ReplyDelete