Search This Blog

Thursday, January 30, 2020

Experiment with Medical Medium Protocol

Hi Everyone,  I thought I would tell you all about my experience trying out the Medical Medium diet. At the beginning of November I decided to quit eating wheat and dairy.  I managed two weeks and then an old friend from California visited me who had been doing the Medical Medium Protocol for about 4 years.  She told me she has healed herself from Lyme Disease with this protocol.  I knew what a journey she had been on seeking a cure for Lyme, so this really impressed me.  She is fully living the Medical Medium diet/lifestyle.  So I decided that while she was with me, I would eat how she was eating.

 The basic rules are, no wheat, no dairy, no eggs. 

There is also a protocol she was doing every morning.  We begin the day with 16oz lemon juice and warm water, then wait 30 minutes and drink 16oz celery juice, again wait 30 minutes and drink either the Heavy metal detox smoothie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ze2cUQck74
or the liver cleanse smoothie (recipe below)

This took a little while to get used to, especially the waiting part, and it's a lot of liquid.  However, I got into the habit of it and began to enjoy the whole thing.  I wasn't actually eating any food until lunch time.  Medical Medium is a big fan of potatoes, so you can really eat lots of them!  But not with butter!!  We were roasting french fries with a tiny bit of coconut oil and they turned out nicely.  You can also eat small amounts of pastured meat, he would prefer everyone was raw vegan, but he wants to make his info available to as many people as possible.  Many people around the world are experiencing great results with this diet.

I was doing this for 2 months and then I went to visit a friend in the Algarve in the south of Portugal.  I decided that I was just going to eat whatever when I was there, and that's what I did.  As usual, I didn't notice any difference transitioning back to "normal" eating.  One thing that happened when I was in the Algarve was that a friend I went to see down there told me that I was so thin that she would think I was really sick if she didn't know me.  So I weighed myself recently and found out that I'm 8 1/2 stone (UK) 119 lbs (US) and 54 kilos (EU).  This is very underweight for me.  For some reason it's very hard for me to keep weight on in Portugal.  But this is way too thin and unhealthy for me.  So fast forward to today.........I just ate a ham sandwich on crusty rye and wheat bread with loads of butter!  I need to put on weight and I'm going to eat and eat and eat for a while, so that I have some meat on my bones.  Can't wait to make potatoes au gratin this weekend.

I will continue with the smoothies and celery juice as I really enjoy them.  I reverted back to apple cider vinegar and warm water in the mornings as the restless leg problems I had. returned without apple cider vinegar.

Liver Detox Smoothie

for 2 people

2 bananas
2 cups frozen blackberries or wild blueberries
1/2  red dragon fruit or 2 tablespoons of dragon fruit (pitaya) powder

Blend and drink! 

No comments:

Post a Comment