Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

Well I thought it was winter!

I'm still 90% raw and loving it. I think it's just getting used to a new way of thinking about food and food preparation. My husband is really into it now and only eating about 25% cooked foods. I don't think I will ever go back to the old way of eating...........well maybe a bit when I'm in the UK over christmas with my mom - as it will be difficult to be raw when it's so cold there. But I'm not sure what I will do until I am there.
Over the weekend and today it seems as if summer has come back again. It's so warm that I have both the front door and back doors open at 9am. Just when I thought winter was here. It's a bit confusing for the body.
Here is a new recipe I created yesterday. When using almonds try to find ones that are organic and have not been pasteurized, as they are not fully raw if they have been and much of the nutrient value is compromised.



Curried Almond Dip

Recipe By : Chef Shobhan
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:05
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 cups almonds soaked overnight -- strained
1 clove garlic -- chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons curry powder
1/4 cup olive oil -- unrefined
1/8 teaspoon african bird pepper (optional)
1 tablespoon salt
water

Blend all the ingredients together and then add some water to make it a consistency you like.

Taste and add more spice if required.

Serve with sliced cucumber, carrots or flax crackers



NOTES : Almonds are the healthiest nut with high levels of calcium, manganese, magnesium and many other nutrients. Almonds are known as a great blood alkalizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment