Search This Blog

Saturday, May 21, 2016

CILANTRO MINT FAVA BEAN WALNUT HUMMUS

Hi Everyone,   I hope you are all doing well and that life is good.  I bought fava beans, but I cheated and bought already podded favas, but I still had the most tedious task to do, blanching and shelling, even though, after a few minutes you get into a rhythm and its like a meditation.  I created this recipe yesterday.  I have just finished eating some for lunch on a piece of fresh whole wheat bread from Tomar market.







1 kg fava/broad beans
1-3 cloves garlic
1 handful walnuts
4 - 6 tablespoon fresh coriander/cilantro or mint or both
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3-6 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Shell the fava beans and then blanch them for 2 minutes and peel.  They should be a lovely bright green colour.  Place them in a food processor with 1 - 3 cloves of garlic, handful walnuts, cilantro and/or mint, the lemon juice, salt and pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment