Search This Blog

Friday, May 20, 2016

NESPERA BANANA FLAX SMOOTHIE

I created this one today and I'm very happy with the results.  In one I added almond butter and I loved it, my husband doesn't like it, so I left it out of his, and he really enjoyed his very much too.

1 cup shelled, seeded and peeled nespera/loquat
1 banana
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons golden flax seeds
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
1 teaspoon local honey (optional)
1 tablespoon almond butter (optional)
4 or more ice cubes

Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.  Enjoy all the lovely vitamins, minerals phytonutrients and good fats in this delicious smoothie.   As I mentioned in my last blog post, nespera is very high in vitamin A and potassium, the flax seeds have omega 3's and also lots of fibre, black sesame is packed with calcium and other minerals.  The coconut oil is a medium chain fatty acid and gets absorbs easily and is used for energy production.  It is also anti-fungal, anti-microbial, anti-bacterial and anti-viral.  This smoothie is nutrient dense and delicious tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment